As we get closer to listing, these less expensive steps will make a dramatic difference in how well your home shows.

YOUR PLAN TO PREPARE YOUR HOME FOR SALE

- SHORTER LEAD TIME ITEMS

• Enhance your landscaping and visual appeal; that is the first thing buyers see.
  • Make minor and major repairs: tour the property inside and outside and make a note of the items that need repair.
  • Repaint where necessary. Adding a fresh coat of paint to lived-in areas can help it look like new, including baseboard and crown molding.
  • Remove clutter and store away as much as you can.
  • Depersonalize the home by removing family photos. This will give buyers the opportunity to visualize their own lives in the house instead of feeling like they are intruding into someone else's.
  • Organize your closets. People will look in there, so showcase them!
  • Clean, clean, clean. We recommend having a professional cleaner come in right before your home is listed. Be sure to keep it clean for every showing.
  • Keep your decor and furniture simple and bright. You want to showcase the size of the home without it being overwhelmed by too much stuff. If you can afford to, we recommend having it professionally staged.
  • Showcase original artwork or prints. We find that it immediately adds a touch of elegance and sophistication to the home.

THESE SMALL THINGS CAN MAKE A BIG DIFFERENCE

- WHEN YOU LIST

• Replace Light Bulbs Throughout the Home
  • Replace Batteries in Smoke Detectors
  • Fix Any Holes In Walls
  • Re-Touch Paint Where It's Needed
  • Make Sure Dishes Are Always Put Away
  • Make Sure Trash is Always Taken Out, Trash Can Doesn't Stink
  • Keep All Beds Throughout Home Made
  • Replace Missing Hardware (I.e., Kitchen or Bathroom Cabinets/Drawers)
  • Make Sure Yard Debris Is Cleaned Up
  • Store Away Outside Content (I.e., Toys, Lawn Mowers, etc.)
  • Add Some Plants Throughout Home To Freshen It Up
  • Hide Any Pet Supplies During Showings (I.e., Litterbox, Food, etc.)
  • Remove Any Pet Odors, Or Any Other Odors, In All Rooms
  • Replace toilets or their leads.